We have been told that the original structure was a two-room house built by a Cherokee, however, we have been unable to confirm that information. Local deed records indicate that our property was part of the J.T. Phillips Tract from the 1800's, who conveyed to Charles Dudley in 1909, then to the Boyds in 1924, who then sold to the Glenn Family in 1944. Pre-Civil War and Civil war artifacts were found in the cistern under our house by prior owners. While renovating our kitchen, we discovered the original stone hearth, and our son found an ancient rattlesnake skin while removing the old fireplace! We intend to continue learning more about the history of our property and the local area. Over the past 23 years, we have seen our area explode with commercial development, so we aim to preserve and nurture the 75 to 100-year old oak, pine, cherry, locust and black walnut trees that help create the peaceful atmosphere at St Francis Cottage.